Monday 16 November 2020

MISS APPLIED - PRIVATE DETECTIVE

A little lock down diversion, which, hopefully will make you smile.

Some time ago I was toying with the idea of a radio show, based on the old-fashioned film noir of the thirties and forties. This is a first episode. You may or may not be amused, but I hope you are. In any event it would be nice to have some feedback, just in case you would like to know what happens next.

 It is also based on an incident some time around 1960-62 Los Angeles in the Trousdale Estates section of Beverly Hills. I had to take some stuff to a house of a friend’s friend who had become engaged and was having a ‘wedding shower’ at her house. I got as far as the kitchen and the living room.  I do not know if the paintings on the walls were originals, except for the Braque in the pool room off the living room. I cannot now remember exactly which Braque it was, but it could have been “The Billiard Table”

This painting now hangs in the Tate and was apparently acquired by them in 2003. Whether my recollection is correct, I cannot say, but some time in the early 60's it was in a pool room in a house on the Trousdale Estates

Portrait of Susan Bloch
La Vie
Violin and Pipe
Homage to Bach
Le Gueridon



Harlequin"s Carnival


Hirondelle Amour



No comments:

Post a Comment