Friday 22 December 2023

TAKE THE PILLS

It is only now that things are being put in perspective. As the year comes to an end I feel as if my whole body is shutting down, as if in some sort of synchronization with what is happening across the globe.  By way of explanation, I was recently prescribed medication which, on reading the enclosed explanatory leaflet (Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine because it contains important information for you) I am now hesitating to take. Under warnings and precautions I find two categories that give me pause. Naturally, because of the time of year, I am having difficulties speaking to my GP who prescribed the medication.  He is a very nice and concerned man and I have every confidence in him, but these warning leaflets are there for a reason, so I am hesitant until I have a chance to speak. In the meantime, my current physical being is showing clear signs of fatigue which might be alleviated by the medication. My local pharmacist thinks it’s OK for me to start taking the pills and if necessary adjustments can be made at a later date.  

 

Hesitation and delay seem to be at the heart of current decision making wherever one looks. The United Nations is finding it difficult to make decisions owing to political controversy and the right of certain nations to veto resolutions. The simple matter of humanity demands that a ceasefire and end of the violence should be mandated by the UN in the Middle East. Also in Ukraine, Africa and anywhere else there is killing. There should be no compromising for the sake of political sensitivities. That is nonsense and obfuscation. Stop the killing!!

 

As to the United Kingdom, the governments raising and lowering visa monetary requirements, ridiculous illegal immigration legislation, chaotic performance in every ministry and desperately seeking an advantageous moment to call a general election before being required to do so, are symptoms of a paralysis bringing the entire nation into atrophy.

 

This, quite naturally, seems to equate with my own physical condition. I am in little doubt now that I will start taking the pills. I am also of the view that the United Nations must take a very strong stand, regardless of sensitivities, and that the United Kingdom must have a general election as soon as possible. 

Dame Barbara Woodward
 

In the meantime, Dame Barbara Woodward should be bombarded by us all, with emails, or X.s (tweets) to @BWoodward_UN, urging a firm stand for a ceasefire and end to violence everywhere. For those who may not know, Dame Barbara is the current Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom to the United Nations. A strong forceful stand by the whole of the United Nations now should be no problem and any adjustments required can be made at a later stage

 

The pill I am being prescribed is a sort of hormone replacement which is meant to increase my energy levels. It will alleviate my current symptoms of fatigue and breathlessness. I trust that taking the metaphorical decision taking pills by the current government and United Nations will have the same effect. That would be a very merry Christmas and New Year indeed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment