Friday 5 July 2013

UNDERTAKING THE RESEARCH PROJECT

On the 25th March 2013 I submitted an expression of interest in researching a PhD at the University of Falmouth. I was invited to submit a preliminary proposal on the 17th April, which I submitted on the 28th May. On the 12th June I was informed that I was being invited for an interview, which took place on the 24th June. This involved a 10 minute power point presentation followed by 20 minutes of questions. This culminated in an offer of study on the 2nd July 2013. A three-month process for a three-year undertaking - perhaps undertaking is the operative word, this could be my undertaking. And as my project is concerned with signs I note that ‘undertaker’ as signifying a person who undertakes the preparation of the dead for burial or other means of dealing with the deceased, begins in about 1698. There are also a number of interesting signs to explore:



 
And then there's this:

No comments:

Post a Comment